IDEA and FLYING WHALES strengthen their partnership in Dubai
IDEA and FLYING WHALES attend the Dubai World Expo and strengthen their partnership. IDEA becomes the expert logistics provider for the future manufacturing site of the cargo aircraft designed by FLYING WHALES. The collaboration will last for several years; the logistics services cover the manufacturing chain of the airships, which will be mass-produced in the Gironde region. The parties involved took the event to the Dubai Air Show to promote French industrial know-how*.
UNPRECEDENTED LOGISTICAL ADVENTURE
Further to a cooperation protocol signed in 2020, this logistical adventure will focus on two key issues :
- Futuristic and revolutionary dimension of the FLYING WHALES LCA60T programme : manufacture the first mass-produced cargo airships capable of carrying heavy and bulky loads in France; this project reinforces IDEA’s activity in the aeronautical sector.
- Development of the logistics 4.0 project, designed well before the construction of the factory. The objective is to anticipate the digital means necessary for the production chain of such a large industrial programme over several years, including the integration of a geolocalised supply management tool.
Nicolas Derouault, Deputy Managing Director of IDEA commented : “We are very proud to have been chosen as the logistics partner of a major industrial company focused on the future, representing French industrial know-how at the Dubai World Expo. We are looking forward to starting this exciting field adventure with FLYING WHALES.”
“This collaboration provides us with a unique industrial 4.0 support solution for airships of this size, combining performance, respect for the environment and consideration of the human factor. The choice of IDEA as partner is based on its capacity and motivation to innovate.” declared Sounanh Boriboun, Head of the Supply Chain – FLYING WHALES.
KEY STAGES OF THE PROGRAMME
• 8 october 2020 : signature of the cooperation protocol
• 2021 : submission of the building for the Laruscade factory
• 2022-2023 : construction of the factory and the logistics platform
• 2024 : assembly of the first airship
*The Dubai Air Show is the largest aerospace event in the world, which took place from 14 to 18 November 2021, during the Dubai World Expo (1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022) and FLYING WHALES was chosen by the French government to represent France during this event.